GFL Update, Lakes Treatment
Posted on Jun 28th, 2020
GFL Transition Process as of June 28
This is an update on the commencement of service with GFL Environmental, the new waste and recycling vendor for all homes in Loch Alpine:
- GFL has completed the container delivery to residences.
- All Loch Alpine residents have been automatically subscribed, with accounts established. Invoices began arriving this Friday.
- GFL has set us on a quarterly cycle starting with June, July, August. This is different than we originally reported and was done to capture June 30 at the most favorable rate for LAIA. The invoice amount is $50.83. Payment is due July 12, 2020. Future invoices will be $75.
- GFL will pick up garbage, recycling, yard waste and bulk items on Tuesdays starting June 30.
- If you have not received your GFL containers send an email to Dave Stockson (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will relay it to our GFL transition contact. We are under the impression that everyone has their containers at this time.
- If you have not received your GFL invoice by July 1, send an email to Dave Stockson (email@example.com), who will relay it to our GFL transition contact.
If Waste Management has not retrieved your WM wheeled container(s), you should contact WM directly (please don't contact the Board of Directors or a member of the Board):
- By chat: www.wm.com
- By email: CustomerService_MIOHIN@wm.com
- By phone: 866-797-9018
A number of residents have indicated preference for 18 gallon recycling bins instead of 65 gallon recycling carts. Dave Stockson is talking to the GFL transition manager about this topic and a possible batch exchange for the limited number of interested residents. More information will follow later next week.
Next Lakes Treatment
is the next scheduled treatment of our lakes to control algae and aquatic weeds. Minimum 24-hour no swimming in the lakes -- people and pets.
Keep your pets from drinking lake water for 14 days following treatment. Please also refer to the notices posted around the lakes and on many mail-posts for important details. Treatment details can be found on our website
. If you have neighbors who don't use internet communication, kindly share this information with them.